This page as PDF-Document? Just click on the symbol on the right and wait a few seconds -->
- Firmware 0.86
- How do I update?
- EasySetup in the KopterTool
- Adjustable altitude for ComingHome
- Dynamic PositionHold
- No Receiver Beep
- GPS-Characters in the Jeti/HoTT-Display
- Teachable CareFree (CareFree 2.0)
- The WayPoint-Generator
- Error-messages in the Jeti-Box
- Implementation for HoTT-transmitter (FC 2.1 only)
- ComingHome as FailSafe
- Maximum Altitude
- Check of the magnet-vector
- New Error-messages
- The new names of the settings
- Other changes
Date of release: 15.09.2011
FlightControl V0.86d (FC1.0 - FC2.0) (MEGA644)
FlightControl V0.86d (FC2.1) (MEGA1284)
Specialversion for ACT-2,4GHz S3D-receiver
Only works with this 2,4GHz-s3d-version!
How do I update?
Never made an update before? Read this: Software Update
Compared to version 0.84 the FC settings not remained compatible and will be re-initialized!
- The MK3Mag remains on the old version. Please do not update!
The compass must be re-calibrated. Attention: The new version of the calibration is nessecary!
You should never import settings of previous versions via the KopterTool. The settings should be done manually!
EasySetup in the KopterTool
All important settings are summarized here. This makes it easier for beginners to find their way.
More information: Easy Setup
If you need access to all settings you can make them visible by clicking on "expert view".
Adjustable altitude for ComingHome
With this function the Mikrokopter not only comes back... it also stays im a height of 25 meters for example. The clibing / descending speed is 3.0 meters per seconds - you can't change this value
Notice: The altitude will be used only in Vario-altitude-control. And only if the throttle-stick is in neutral-position.
- In PH-mode the GPS-target position will be changed by the stickmovement.
- So the MK will not log-off in PH-mode
- That makes it much easier to fly during windy conditions because the MK can be moved more precisely
- The direct stick-influence to the MK will be damped simultaneously.
No Receiver Beep
In "MISC" you can activate "no beep without active sender". Then you can switch on the Kopter without turning the transmitter on. If the Kopter gets connection once it is beeping constantly again.
GPS-Characters in the Jeti/HoTT-Display
Character behind the distance:
- - : no GPS possible
- / : Free
- W : Waypoint flight
- H : Coming Home
- D : Dynamic Position Hold
- P : Position Hold
Teachable CareFree (CareFree 2.0)
"Techable" means, that the control direction can be changed during flight
So, the control direction will be "teached" each time, the assigned CareFree-Switch is switched on.
A distinction is made:
- Within 20m of the starting point, the front-direction of the MKs will become the control-direction
- Outside of the 20m, the bearing between home and MK-Position will become the control direction
So the pilot can now rotate on the spot, because he can teach-in a new CafreFree-direction by using the switch. Outside the 20m he does not even have to see where the front-direction was at the time.
Tip: If the pilot has the MK well in sight, he should turn the MK so, that the nose points directly away from him. Then it does not matter if the MK is inside or outside the 20m - the control direction would be the same in in both cases anyway.
the operation of CareFree 2.0 is more intuitive than you think
- In case that the MK is too far away and the Pilot does not know its actual direction, he would have problems controlling the MK manually
Now the CareFree-Switch could be switched on and the Pilot would simply fly as if the nose would point away from him
The pilot wants to teach-in a new CareFree direction, even if he doesn't know the actual direction of the MK
CareFree was already on, but the control direction is inconvenient
If the pilot switches CareFree off, the actual direction will become the control direction
CareFree is switched on -> the actual bearing between MK and pilot will become the control-direction - no matter of the actual MK-Direction
- Pulling the stick then means "back"
More examples here: CareFree
Include: Textmarkierung "##include_begin" nicht gefunden!
Include: Textmarkierung "##include_end" nicht gefunden!
With the waypoint generator you can create quick and easy waypoints and POI. And you can also place a grid for dimension determination or generate blank cards for testings.
How the WayPoints, POI, maps or grids can be set and been used you can read here for the individual functions.
Error-messages in the Jeti-Box
When using the Jeti-display error messages will be issued as morse "O" (3* beep) and displayed as text
Note: This text is only available at version FC 2.1 or higher, because of the space in the processor
Also look at: ErrorCodes
Implementation for HoTT-transmitter (FC 2.1 only)
There is a new transmitter-generation from Graupner: "HoTT"
Include: Textmarkierung "##include_hott_menu_begin" nicht gefunden!
Include: Textmarkierung "##include_hott_menu_end" nicht gefunden!
Graupner HoTT Transmitter
If you select HoTT as receiver the zero-position of the sticks will be moved by 5 positions. Otherwise you have to trim all stick positions manually.
More information here: HoTT
ComingHome as FailSafe
In case of RC transmisstion-lost, the MK can now automatically fly to the Home-Position (and altitude)
Basically the idea is, to bring the MikroKopter back into the reception range.
- In this case GPS, compass and altitude control will be automaically enabled. When the signal is back, it goes back to 'Manual Control'
- After the set time, the MK uses "Emergency Gas" and the "Emergency Time" to perform a descending
The time is limited to 30 seconds, this is enough to go through short rc signal lost times and put the MikroKopter nearer to the starting point
- The MK will do this for the preset time (no matter if it reached home or not).
- Waypoints are cancelled until the reception is back
- The MK is flying a direct route towards the home position
- If a "Coming Home Altitude" is set, this will be used immideately with a sink/rise-speed of 3.0m/sek
When signal is back, the MK will not go back to the old Position or altitude automatically
Note: By default, the CH-Time is to 0sec, that means it is disabled by default. It can be set under "MISC" (expert setting).
- MK is in 120 distance and 50m altitude.
FailSafe-Time is 30sek and Emergency-gas-time is 15sek.
- CH-Altitude would be 20m
So in the example the MK would:
- fly back and descend simultainusly
- altitude would be reached in second 10 after Transmitter fails
- position would be reached in second 20
- there it would wait for a while, because the FS-Time is 30 seconds
- Emergency gas would be used in second 30 and the MK comes down
- the motors would be stopped in second 45
ATTENTION: Before using this function the user have to clarify whether such a mode acceptable to the particular place or not of a legal, actuarial or other provisions is permitted.
Attention: Please do not imitate! If you turn off the transmitter, the MK is not necessarily under control. Turning on the transmitter may take a few seconds.
In the settings you can set a maximun height. If you set these to 0, it is disabled.
only if Vario-altitude-control is enabled and the gas-stick in neutral position
Check of the magnet-vector
In GPS-flight the exact compass angle is very important. By interferences (elektricity oder magnets) there can quite a difference of 30°
Now the NaviCtrl is checking the magnet-vector in flight - It only may have a difference of 20% from the vector at the calibration (which corresponds to a measurement error of about 30° , depending on location)
In this firmware the compass has to be calibrated according to the neuen Methode !
in case the calibration fails: read
The NaviCtrl now measures the magnetic inclination. It's the angle in which the magnetic fieldlines go into the ground. In Germany it is about 62-69°.
Here you can compare the values: http://www.magnetic-declination.com
The value may differ to start no more than 10° from the theoretical. Otherwise you can start the engines, but do not takeoff.
Error-message 21: "GPS Fix lost"
Message, that during the flight the GPS signal got interrupted or the amount of satellites dropped under 4
Error-message 22: "Magnet error"
- the difference of the value of the magnetic field is more than 20% from that of the calibration.
- or the measured inclination differed more than 10° from the theoretical value.
- This error-message prevent the Kopter from starting. The engines begin to start but you can't give throttle.
- If that bothers you, you can disable it in the "misc" settings.
If you get these error-messages but no interferences (wires or iron nearby), then you have to re-calibrate the compass. new methode
Read more: MagnetError
Error-message 23: "Motor restart"
- a BL-Ctrl tries to restart the engine
- maybe an engine is blocked or a cable is broken during flight
Error-message 24: "BL Limitation"
- a BL-Ctrl goes into the power limitation
- either overcurrent or too high temperature
The information in the GPS logging were extended by:
- all the individual streams of the BL controller
- all temperatures of each BL-controller (only BL-Ctrl2.0)
- Performance of brushless controllers (e.g. if the temperature goes over the limitation)
- FC I2C error count
the current strength of the magnetic field and the current measured inclination -> If a source of interference are available
free analog inputs Ch4-7 -> if someone wants to connect external sensors there
Tool for loading the Files: MK_GPX
The new names of the settings
- Setting 1: "Fast"
- Setting 2: "Normal"
- Setting 3: "Easy"
The "sport"-setting was removed
- LED-switch-threshold reduced from 10 to 5
- If the GPS is deactivated - display no failure. If GPS is not plugged - display no failure as well
The display of the nose-direction in the KopterTool was faulty, when you have changed the "front"-alignment of the MK (X-formation)
- Mixer-settings won't be deleted, if the parameter-revision is changing
GPS-Angle limit from 100 to 140 + GPS-I-Limit from 75 to 85 -> With this the MK can hold the GPS-Position at a wind speed of about 50km/h. Previously it was about 40km/h
- Throttle had a ground-position of 120 instead of 127 just as the other channels. Now it was unified because it was confusing.
- Pressure-sensor Vario-Mode: Soft takeover of the height-target-value
Motor smooth adjustable (Settings -> Gyro) - default is OFF
there is a thread in our board about it.
- Version NC 0.26g creates KML-Files that are compatible with the latest Version on Google Earth
Version NC 0.26g supports the MK-GPS with the new LEA-6S-0-001 chipset