Software development, Compiling of the code
Here you can read how to compile the AVR-Code of the FlightControl.
Compiler under Windows
1. Download and install the 20060421 - Version of the WinAVR-Compiler (please do NOT use newer versions of the compiler - they will create much slower code!). See also Forum
Special Patch from H&I. The patch will overwrite some files.
- The Patch integrates the AT1284 into the Compiler
See also in the Forum: Link
3. Start the Programmers Notepad and open the the project "File" -> "Open Project(s)..."
4. Under Tools you will find "Make Clean" and "Make All"
Normally wou will get an output like this:
Errors: none kore-------- end --------
The Compiler creates the Hex-File - You can download the HEx-File via the Mikrokopter-Tool into the FlightControl
In case that there are some errors under Windows 7 (path not found), you must run the Compiler once with Admin rights.
No communication to FC after insatlling new Hex-File
In case you made some Bugs in your code and you lost connection to the FC:
In that case the FC might not listen to the reset command during update attempt.
- connect the update cable directly to the FC
start Updating process (KopterTool)
- switch on the FC in the moment when the PC prints "trying to connect..."
Lib not compatible
In case you get that error-message, the Lib.a is not compatible to your sources.
- make sure that the LIBFC_Init() is called with LIBFC_Init(LIB_FC_COMPATIBLE)
Installing the new Firmware
The new Hex-File must be installed via the KopterTool (like every normal version)
Do never connect a ATMEL-ISP-Programmer, that would delete the Bootloader and further updates will be impossible.